Prepare time: 30 min Cooking time: 1 hr Ready in: 1 hour 30 min
This thin crust pizza dough recipe will be a hit in your house.
- 5 c flour + some for dusting
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/4 c cold water
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 spoon pizza sauce
- Caramelized onions
- Arrabiata Sauce
- Grilled Bell Peppers
- Heirloom Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Green Onions
- Smoked Mozzarella Cheese
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Ricotta Meatballs
- Preheat your oven as high as it will go for at least 45 minutes to one hour..
- Mix the flour, sea salt and yeast on low speed until all is incorporated then add the water.
- The dough should be smooth and sticky but should not stick to the sides of the bowl, only a little to the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the basil and freshly grated parmigiana reggianno.
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of the pizza sauce in the center and spread it around with the back of a spoon leaving 1 inch of space at the edges.
- Allow to rest for a few minute for the cheese to set.
- If topping with heirloom tomato slices, make sure to use the firm ones, otherwise the pizza would be watery.